A sealed copy of Super Mario Mario 64 Sells for More Than $1.5 Million!
If you are into games or as a kid you had an experience of grabbing your dad’s phone to play this game then you are one of us. Mario Bros is considered the most loved nostalgic game ever and ironically, a pristine copy of Super Mario 64 sold in 1996 has auctioned for an unprecedented $1.56 million.
In a world of Google Play Games, Apple Arcade, Epic Games, Steam, Twitch, and many more where people pay on a subscription basis to play games via Google Playstore or iOS Appstore, This nostalgic game has auctioned for millions, To be exact, the game sold for about $1,560,000 breaking all previously known records and that’s pretty huge for a game that has been launched for many years.
On Friday, it was revealed that The Legend of Zelda for NES has established a new game cartridge auction record. Only two days later, another high-figure sale, this one containing an untouched edition of Super Mario 64 sold earlier today, has shattered the previous record.
This particular game was auctioned off through popular auction house Heritage Auctions, and through the courtesy of this auction house, that’s how million were paid for this vintage game that’s around double the amount of the previous record held by The Legend of Zelda auction with a sale of $870,000 that ended this past Friday.
Reading this news will surely remind you of the background music of that game. we assure you that you haven’t heard the lyrics of the music. This particular video is “a must-watch” if you are a Mario fan.
It’s not the first time that this game has auctioned for a higher or unexpected amount. If we look at the history, for the past few months or so, it did happen! Different versions of this nostalgic game have been sold multiple times. In an era of Playstations (which supply has a massive issue) or in fact, in near future, you’ll be able to play games in your car. Still, old games copy will be of great value.
According to The Verge,
- July 10th, 2020: copy of Super Mario Bros. sells for $114,000
- November 23rd, 2020: copy of Super Mario Bros. 3 sells for $156,000
- April 2nd, 2021: copy of Super Mario Bros. sells for $660,000
- July 9th, 2021: copy of The Legend of Zelda sells for $870,000
- July 11th, 2021: copy of Super Mario 64 sells for $1,560,000
This has become a trend. People love to buy rare things no matter what the amount. For the past few years, we have seen a lot of vintage and rare items getting in great demand. Pokemon cards were rare and now getting more popular and expensive these days.
Rare video games just like Mario Bros are in huge demand and the prices are skyrocketing. If you have something rare just like cards, Bayblade, YOYO, or anything old, take care of that because that’s rare, right?
More About Technology
- How To Use Spoiler On Discord? [3 Easy Methods]
- Microsoft Gifts “$1500 Pandemic Bonus” To The Employees
- SpaceX Cargo Dragon Splashes Down Safely Off Florida Coast
- Discord Roles: How To Make, Lock, Manage And Delete Roles In Discord?
- 13 Thriving Artificial Intelligence Startup Ideas You Can Make Money From