What I'll Learn
If your concern is to change server location on Discord, this writing will help you out.
In this article, you’ll get the complete procedure that allows you to adjust region settings to the nearest to your physical location. Also, the method through which you can change these during voice or video calls.
Usually, when you create a new account on Discord, it automatically tracks your location and sets it for the server. However, any change in the server’s fixed location can lead to voice connectivity complications.
Generally, it happens due to the use of a VPN, which alters its settings and takes any other country’s location. Similarly, when you desire to chat with people of other regions, the adjustment in the region improves the quality of voice messages.
If the server region on Discord doesn’t match your country, then you’ll find an error in voice stability.
Therefore, it must be compatible with your original region for lower latency—the lower the latency, the higher the quality of services.
Yet, it is simple to shift it to normal again by changing the voice server region.
Note: To change these settings, you should be the Server Owner or have the enabled Manage Server permissions. Otherwise, you’ll not be permitted to change the region as most of the options will disable for you to utilize.
How To Change Discord Server Location On PC Or MAC?
Below is the detailed procedure to change your server location settings on PC/ MAC. Follow the given instructional steps:
- Firstly, log in to your Discord account.
- Click on the downward arrow following the server, then the server’s “drop-down menu” will appear on your screen.
- From the down drop menu, select the “server’s settings” and click on it.
- Here, get into the overview menu and select the option “change.” It’ll permit you to switch the location.
- Now from the emerging country server options, select your preferred country location.
- After clicking on it, it’ll select the location and click on “save changes” to apply it.
However, it would be beneficial to choose the closet region option near your physical location. This will help out you and your friends to experience quality connections.
How To Change The Discord Server Location On Mobile?
You can also shift the region with the Discord smartphone app through a simple process. The steps to accomplish this are as follow:
- Open the app on your phone and to get into the channel list, tap on the three lines( on the top left corner).
- When the list opens, press on the three dots( on the top right side).
- Then tap on the settings wheel from the apparent menu.
- After getting into “Servers settings,” press the “Overview.”
- The next option will be “Server region,” Your current location will also be mentioned there.
- Press this option(server region), and you’ll see other alternative options in the form of a list.
- Finally, select a suitable location, and voice communication will automatically update.
How To Change The Server Region In A Mid Call Or Message?
Discord enables its users to change their server region in the middle of communication. This feature makes it more convenient and effective for quality connections.
However, you should know that this facility is available only for desktop mode_ it is not supportable for mobile apps.
Below is the full method by which you can easily change your server region (if necessary) during the chat.
- Firstly, go to the direct messages list and begin a new voice or video call.
- During the call, click on the “region” (on the top of the right corner) in the open chat box.
- Now, the “drop-down menu” will appear, from here, select your new region.
- After one or two seconds of interruption, the call will be directed from the new server location.
Moreover, you can try different servers during your call to compare the quality difference to select the best.
What is the best Discord server location?
Indisputably, we all want to select the best server region to get good services.
In a general rule, the nearer the location, the better the connection. Usually, it is best to select the closest or middle if the voice region is between the mates. For instance, if your teammates are from two different regions, like some from the US South and others from the US west, find a location in the middle_US Central. And if your whole setup is under one region, select the exact.
Where Are Discord Servers Located?
You may have this question in your mind; however, the following list will help you in getting your answer.
List of server region available on Discord
- Central Europe
- Hong Kong
- South Africa
- US central
- US East
- US South
- US West
- Western Europe
When you go to select the region, the mentioned location emerges on your screen. From these available options, you can choose a suitable one for your server.
The mentioned procedures will assist you in rectifying the region setting issue. Also, it will enable you to obtain better voice quality during calls. Further, either you are using Discord on desktop or mobile, you can change the region settings conveniently. Plus, you can easily change the location even when you are on call.
Read More Discord Tutorials: