What I'll Learn
- What is Avast Security?
- How to uninstall Avast on your Mac?
- How do I remove the Avast Secure Browser from Windows 10?
- How to Uninstall Avast in Windows 10
- 4 Ways to Uninstall Avast Completely
The question is How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus right? In this article, we are going to show you the complete step by step guideline about how you can uninstall the antivirus.
Avast has been one of the most controversial antiviruses since its launch. On the other hand, it helps to detect threats and alert you when malware attacks your OS. On the other hand, antiviruses like Avast often conflict with other applications. That may be the reason why some users want to remove this software from their computers.
So, today, we will talk about Avast Security and ways to remove it completely from your Mac.
What is Avast Security?
Avast Security is a security tool for both PC and Mac computers. Avast includes threat detection tools and password management tools designed to ensure the security of your device and to prevent it from becoming infected with malware.
Although many users claim that Avast has proved useful over the years, how many people are frustrated by its overuse, overuse of resources, and the high number of criminals during the day. The malware detection capabilities of this antivirus do not seem to be overweight for all the problems users experience while using Avast. So, if you are among those who can not download Avast but want to stop using this antivirus, we can help you with that.
How to uninstall Avast on your Mac?
There are many antiviruses to choose from, so you may find yourself thinking about switching to other anti-malware options. Avast, on the other hand, does not block or in any way make it difficult to remove antivirus. There are no Avast uninstall apps for Mac, but we will show you an easy way to uninstall this antivirus. Follow the instructions to remove Avast Security completely on your Mac:
- Open Avast.
- Click Avast in the menu bar at the top left of your Mac.
- Select Uninstall Avast Security.
- Uninstall Avast Security.
- In the window that appears, click Uninstall.
You will be asked to enter your username and password to verify the action.
- Be sure to remove the Avast.
Click Stop to complete the uninstall.
You will no longer receive annoying notifications from Avast on your Mac. However, one of the problems you may encounter soon with the remaining Avast files.
Removing Avast on your Mac leaves it vulnerable to threats. Consider using other software such as CleanMyMac X, which scans your Mac for malware and lets you manage your data easily.
Delete the remaining data
The thing is that you uninstall Avast from your Mac, you only delete the app itself. Or, you don’t, at the same time, delete files and data the app created on your Mac. You can check these routes to find and delete all remaining Avast Security related files:
How do I remove the Avast Secure Browser from Windows 10?
1. Use the Settings app
- Open the Settings app. You can do so quickly by using Windows Key + I shortcut.
- Navigate to the Apps section.
- Select Avast Secure Browser from the list of applications.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Be sure to check Also delete your browsing data box.
- Click on Uninstall and wait for the process to finish.
After completing this process, Avast Secure Browser should be gone from your PC. As you can see, uninstalling this software is as simple as removing any other application.
2. Use the removal tool
- Close all applications on your PC. This includes your antivirus as well.
- Download the Removal Tool from Avast.
- Once you download the tool, right-click it and choose Run as administrator.
- Check the Also delete your browsing data box and click on Uninstall.
- Wait for the process to complete.
This method is recommended to use if you can’t remove Avast Secure Browser by using the Settings app.
Additionally, you can try a third-party uninstaller to do the job, such as Iobit Uninstaller 9 Pro.
Not only will this product remove Avast Secure Browser from your PC, but it will also delete any residual data as well, thus cleaning your PC.
The product is extremely easy to use, so go ahead and use it when something needs removing without a trace.
How to Uninstall Avast in Windows 10
Avast installs a funny operating system to complete the release. It will force the user to restart the computer in safe mode. Since Avast was the last operating system to install it, it became the default OS. When the computer restarts, Avast OS loads and opens windows in safe mode. Avast then proceeded to uninstall it completely, leaving behind the extract with registration keys and a few files. Although your antivirus will no longer work, you will need to complete the removal by deleting the remaining files.
Avast has been largely removed from the system, but it has left some files behind. Users have complained that these files appear to be activating antivirus. Antivirus pop-ups may still appear to be requesting an upgrade and this annoys users who thought they had terminated the release of Avast antivirus. How can one delete all the remaining antivirus files permanently? We’ll give you some of the best ways you can complete antivirus removal and get rid of popups.
4 Ways to Uninstall Avast Completely
- Uninstall Avast as default application and uninstall Avast OS Temporary
- Use Avast Clear
- Use the ESET Antivirus Remover tool
- Delete trusted installer files manually
Uninstall Avast as default application and uninstall Avast OS Temporary
During the download, Avast creates a small program that you use to extract files. Once done, the app does not appear to shut itself down after restarting your computer. The reason for this is that you cannot uninstall the default operating system. You may see the Avast OS option when you start your computer. Leaving it as the default OS can continue to turn your computer into safe mode every time you restart it.
This option will allow you to change your default system back to Windows. This will then allow Avast antivirus to extract its remaining files when you are done.
- Press Start / Windows Key + R to open the Run window
- Type sysdm.cpl in the Run text box and hit enter to open the Advanced Properties window.
- Go to the advanced tab. Tap on settings under startup and restore.
- Under the Default App, you will find a drop-down box to select the default operating system. Select the option you want and save the changes by clicking OK
- Press windows + R key to turn on functionality
- Type msconfig and hit enter
- In the System Configuration window, open the Boot tab
- Select the Avast operating system by clicking on it and click Delete. Allow deletion
- Restart your computer
- Your computer will now restart normally and Avast will complete the rest of the remaining files successfully.
You can also set the default application by pressing ESC or F10 or F12 (depending on your computer) during startup. This gives you a list of all the installed applications and the option to set the default OS. You can get the Avast to uninstall the utility if yours does not work properly.
2. Use Avast Clear
Avastclear is an intuitive tool from the creators of Avast itself designed specifically to extract any computer-generated Avast products.
Click here to download Avastclear. It will automatically prompt you to use the tool in Safe Mode. Launch a successful Avastclear.
3. Use the ESET Antivirus Remover tool
If Avastclear fails to successfully uninstall Avast from your computer (which is quite unlikely) or if you do not want to use Avastclear, you can use the ESET Antivirus Remover tool instead. The ESET Antivirus Remover tool is designed to uninstall almost every single antivirus program or anti-malware out there, and that includes all Avast programs.
Go here and download the appropriate version (32-bit or 64-bit) for ESET Antivirus Remover
Install and use the application. Click Continue and allow the ESET Antivirus Remover tool to scan your computer for all pre-installed security programs. If you have been given the scan results, select all Avast applications you want to remove from your computer and click Delete.
Confirm the action by clicking on Delete from the alert window that appears. Wait until the tool displays the message “Applications successfully deleted”. In the meantime, the apps you selected will be removed and you can close the app.
Once you have downloaded Avast on your computer, you can continue to download ESET Antivirus Remover
Note: You may need to restart your computer during or after the uninstall process.
To ensure that any method you have used has been able to completely uninstall Avast from your computer, simply go to Start> Control Panel> Install or Uninstall Programs (Windows XP, Vista or 7), Control Panel> Programs and Programs (Windows 8 and 8.1.) Or Control Panel> Programs> Programs and Features (Windows 10) and make sure there are no Avast programs left on the list.
4. Delete trusted installer files manually
If method 1 does not delete Avast popups, you will need to delete Avast files manually. This method will allow you to control the files of a trusted installer and the ability to delete those files
- Go to the following location ‘C: \ ProgramData \ AVAST Software \ Avast \’
- Right-click on the file or folder you want to delete and select Properties.
- Next, click on the Security tab and then click the Advanced button below
- Next, click on the Owner tab and you will now see that the current owner is TrustedInstaller.
- Now click the Edit button and select who you would like to switch owners too, either your account or Administrators. If your account is an Administrator account, we suggest taking Administrators.
- Click OK to save the new owner. Keep clicking OK until the file/folder structures for windows are closed
- Go back and delete these folders/files
- Repeat the same for other files and folders
- Go to this location (copy and paste it into your address bar and press enter)% windir% \ WinSxS \ find all Avast related files and delete them using (step 2 – 7 process)
- Go to this location% windir% \ WinSxS \ Displays \ find all Avast related files and delete them using (steps 2 – 7)
- Restart your computer.
It is not recommended to take ownership files of trusted owners, but if you are sure you will not use them again, you can simply delete them. Use this as a last resort.