What I'll Learn
- Rules to Change Your Name in Facebook
- How to Change Your Name on Facebook on Desktop or PC
- How to Change Your Name on Facebook on Andoird & iPhone
- FAQs: How to Change Your Name on Facebook
- 1. How to change the Facebook page name?
- 2. How do I force a name on Facebook?
- 3. How do I hide my last name on Facebook?
- 4. Why can’t I change my name on Facebook?
- 5. How do you put your maiden name and married name on Facebook?
- Bottom Line
- Read Next
Do you remember the days when we used to name our Facebook accounts on our favorite celebrity name? Wait! Have you done something similar? And now you don’t know how to change your name on Facebook?
You might have used your nickname on Facebook, or perhaps, you are married or divorced, and now you want to change your Facebook name. Well! Whatever the reason is, changing names on Facebook is pretty easy.
Facebook has its simple policies to change settings or names. But how would you do that when you don’t have a clue about how to change your name on Facebook? Don’t fret! This guide shares everything you need to know to change your name on Facebook.
Rules to Change Your Name in Facebook
Before we dig into steps to change names, let’s look into Facebook rules that you need to follow regarding profile names. Knowing these regulations and Facebook name-changing policies will help you avoid Facebook policy violations.
- You can’t add numbers or symbols.
- Non-standard capitalization is not allowed.
- You can use characters from one language only.
- Facebook doesn’t allow you to add titles such as Doctor.
- Only use nicknames that are variations of your real name.
- You are not allowed to use aggressive words in your name.
- Your profile name should match with one of your government-issued IDs, like a driver’s license.
- Lastly, you are not allowed to pretend to be someone else – yes, it includes using someone else’s name too.
If you infringe any of these rules, you might face a problem while changing your profile name. In case you face any problem, you can contact the Facebook helpline.
How to Change Your Name on Facebook on Desktop or PC
While changing your Facebook name, be mindful about the name because you won’t be allowed to change the name again for 60 days at least. Now that you know it, here is a step-by-step process for how to change your name on Facebook PC, desktop, or a computer:
STEP 1: Navigate to www.Facebook.com and login into your account by adding your username and password.
STEP 2: Open the settings and go to the top right corner. Click on the Facebook page, a drop-down menu will appear. Click on “Settings”.
STEP 3: A general account setting will open. From here, click on the left-hand side General option. A window of your settings will appear on the screen with options to edit the name.
STEP 4: Select the blue color Edit icon right on the top-right corner right next to your name. From here, you can change your first name, last name, and middle name.
STEP 5: Here, click on the username option to edit the name for your Facebook profile. There is another option to edit nicknames as variations of your official name.
STEP 6: Once you are done adding your new name, preview it once and click save changes.
And it is done! our new name will appear on your profile. However, sometimes it takes 24 hours to show changes.
How to Change Your Name on Facebook on Andoird & iPhone
Changing your Facebook profile name on a mobile or Android isn’t difficult at all. There’s only a slightly different layout of how to change your name on Facebook on a mobile phone. Here are the steps:
STEP 1: Open the Facebook app. if you have not already logged in, log into your account to change settings.
STEP 2: Select three lines (ellipses) in the right corner of Android and the bottom right corner if you have an iPhone.
STEP 3: Scroll down and open account settings, select the General option, and click on the name. Here you can change the name.
STEP 4: Edit your name and click on Save Changes after reviewing it.
STEP 5: You will need to enter your password to complete the changes. Then click again on save changes, and Bingo! It’s done.
FAQs: How to Change Your Name on Facebook
1. How to change the Facebook page name?
To change the Facebook page name, you have to request these changes:
- Select Pages from the menu.
- Navigate to your Facebook page and open Page Settings in the bottom left corner.
- Open Page Info from the left column.
- Select Page’s name, enter the new name, then select the name box outside the page.
- After reviewing your request, click on Request Change.
- After review, a new name will appear on your Facebook page.
2. How do I force a name on Facebook?
You can’t force a name on Facebook. If you change your Facebook name too frequently, the site eventually blocks the change request for your profile name. Only a specific number of changes are allowed.
If you get blocked and still need to change your name, the only way is to contact the Facebook help staff. They will review your request and allow you to change your name.
3. How do I hide my last name on Facebook?
If you want to hide your last name on Facebook, follow these guidelines:
- Open Facebook and scroll down to the setting and Privacy option.
- Go to Account language settings and select Tamil. This language does not use Latin characters.
- Now go to the name change page.
- Delete your last name and save the changes.
- This will remove your last name from your Facebook profiles.
4. Why can’t I change my name on Facebook?
There are certain policies for Facebook name changing. Here are the most common reasons why you are not allowed to change your Facebook name:
- You can change your Facebook profile name after every 60 days. If you change it too frequently, then it increases to 120 days. In case you have changed your name recently, then you have to wait until 60 days to change your name again.
- There are some rules regarding Facebook names that are mentioned above as well. Make sure to follow all and try again.
5. How do you put your maiden name and married name on Facebook?
To add middle or your married name to your Facebook profile, follow these steps:
- Click open your profile picture and select About.
- Select details about you then press on Add a nickname.
- Select the type of name you want to edit in the Name type.
- Enter your other name.
- Click on Show at the top of your profile to review the changes and click Save.
So — That’s how to change your name on Facebook. Easy peasy, isn’t it? The process is never difficult both on mobile and desktop if you follow it exactly as defined. Make sure to follow the Facebook name policies so you don’t face any hurdles.