What I'll Learn
- How to Lock Facebook Profile on Mobile (Android & iPhone)
- How to Lock Facebook Profile on Desktop
- Other Ways to Protect Your Privacy on Facebook
- Video Tutorial for How to Lock Facebook Profile
- 1. What is a lock profile on Facebook?
- 2. How to view Facebook profiles as public?
- 3. How to make photos private on Facebook?
- 4. How to make my Facebook page private?
- 5. How to see who viewed your Facebook profile?
- Bottom Line
- Read Next
Are you looking for the most precise, accurate, and easy answer to how to lock Facebook profile? Well, my friend, you’re in the right spot!
Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms for its versatile features and incredible user experience. Whether you want to get entertained by the posts of your interests or you want to expand your business through digital marketing, Facebook is a convenient option for everyone.
Facebook’s user base is growing worldwide, and millions of people connect with the social app every passing day. With its increased user base, many safety threats come along. Cybercrimes, including scams, frauds, and private information theft, are common these days.
Every individual connected to the digital world is fearing to be the next victim of these online crimes. For this reason, Facebook has raised its privacy bars to the next level. Social media giant, Facebook, has introduced a safety feature to protect your information from any potential risk.
You might have come across a Facebook profile that shows a shield icon. It is a sign that indicates that a Facebook user has locked his profile. Any person outside their friend circle is limited from viewing their profile content. They cannot see their newsfeed, stories, posts & photos and can’t even view their display and cover photo in full size.
So if you are someone who doesn’t want to display their data unnecessarily, this safety feature is for you. However, you should know how locking your Facebook profile affects your account settings. All of your public posts will change to friends, your timeline and tag reviews will be turned on, and the visible information will become very specific.
If you agree on these terms of the Facebook profile lock feature and you want to keep your online presence safer, then let’s dive into the process of how to lock Facebook profile easily while using your mobile or desktop.
How to Lock Facebook Profile on Mobile (Android & iPhone)
Most people use Facebook on their mobiles using the Facebook mobile app to get in touch with the latest social media trends. According to a survey, 98% of Facebook’s active users used Facebook on mobile over any other device. Whether you are an android user or an iPhone user, we have a step-by-step guide to help you lock your FB profile easily.
Step 2: Tap your Profile Picture on the homepage.
Step 3: You’ll get redirected to a new page. Now tap the three-dots Menu.
Step 4: Here, you should see an option as Lock Profile. Click the option.
Step 5: Now, you’ll get landed on a new page containing the details of this safety feature. You’ll see the Lock your Profile option at the end of the page. Tap on it.
Step 6: A pop-up dialogue box will appear that says “You Locked Your Profile.” Complete the process by tapping OK.
How to Lock Facebook Profile on Desktop
Although, the Facebook profile lock is available for the mobile app only. We’ve managed to solve the quest for those of you who want to lock their Facebook profile via desktop, PC, laptops, or using an iOS device.
Step 1: Open your browser and log in to www.facebook.com with your Facebook ID and password.
Step 2: You will see your home page. Now click on your profile and head over to your Profile Page.
Step 3: Now, you are on a new page with a link in the search bar like https://www.facebook.com/profile…
Step 4: Here, you need to replace the www. with m. – Your modified link will be m.facebook.com/profile…
Step 5: Click Enter to load the mobile version of Facebook on your desktop.
Step 6: The remaining steps are similar to the process mentioned above to lock your profile on Facebook using mobile. Just click on the Menu (three dots). Select Lock Your Profile and confirm.
Other Ways to Protect Your Privacy on Facebook
The feature to lock your profile on Facebook is a saviour for many. However, this feature is not available globally right now. You can lock your FB profile if you belong to some specific countries and from certain devices only.
In case if Facebook profile lock feature is not available in your country until now, how to lock your Facebook account to protect your personal information? Well, you can’t directly lock your profile, but there’s still something you can do. You can still manage to protect your privacy from the public using other ways.
- Use the two-step verification code to lock (to some extent) and log in to your Facebook profile.
- Edit your “About Info” and limit the audience from viewing your confidential information such as your mobile number & email.
- Turn on the profile picture guard to lock your profile picture.
- Limit your past posts from the public and the like and comment option for non-friends.
- Control who you want to see your timeline feed from the public to friends, and only me.
- Control your story privacy settings and select the audience you want to view your stories.
- Turn on the timeline and tag review option.
- Control who can send you friend requests and follow you.
- Take facebook’s privacy checkup.
Video Tutorial for How to Lock Facebook Profile
1. What is a lock profile on Facebook?
A lock profile feature is introduced by Facebook in which a person can choose to hide his profile from non-friends on the platform. It limits your personal information, including photos, videos, and posts from others to view and interact with it. A Facebook locked profile is indicated with a shield icon on it.
2. How to view Facebook profiles as public?
Log in to your Facebook account and move to your profile page. Click the three dots right next to your cover photo. You’ll see a pop-up menu; click “View as.” Your profile will be redirected, and you’ll see your Facebook profile as public.
3. How to make photos private on Facebook?
Manage your photo’s privacy by going to the specific post you want to make private. Click the three dots on the top right. Click Edit Audience and select who you want to see your post from friends, friends except, and specific friends.
4. How to make my Facebook page private?
To control your Facebook page’s privacy setting, you need to be the admin of that Facebook page. You can make your Facebook page private in the following manners:
- Control who can see and like your page by setting country and age restrictions.
- You can specify if visitors can post on your page.
- You may block certain words or profanity on your page.
- Unpublish your page so that Page administrators can only see it.
5. How to see who viewed your Facebook profile?
To see who has viewed your Facebook profile, open the main drop-down Menu (the 3 links). Now move to Privacy Shortcuts. Here, you’ll find the new option “Who viewed my profile?” right under the Privacy checkup feature.
Facebook has taken an advanced step towards the privacy protection of its users. Being particularly aimed at women, they have introduced a profile lock feature. This feature lessens the chances of your personal data theft and thus protects it from being misused. If you are from one of those few countries where Facebook has launched this update, then you must find our guide as a perfect solution on how to lock your Facebook profile using your mobile and desktop.