What I'll Learn
- In A Nutshell:
- Things to Know Before Cancelling Nintendo Online
- How to Cancel Your Nintendo Switch Online Membership
- What Happens When You Cancel Your Nintendo Online?
- Nintendo’s Alternative Gaming Options
- Additional FAQs
- How to turn off Nintendo Switch?
- How much is Nintendo worth?
- How to stream Nintendo Switch?
- How to get a Nintendo Switch Online for free?
- How to charge Nintendo Switch controllers?
- Read Next?
In A Nutshell:
- Cancel your Nintendo Switch Online using the “Turn off Auto Renewal” option in the Nintendo eShop app on your Switch console.
- Cancel 48 hours before the next billing month starts. You can enjoy all the Nintendo features until your Nintendo membership hits the new billing period.
- You can always access your Nintendo cloud saved data by resubscribing anytime between 180 days from the cancellation.
Nintendo Online is the door opener to a bunch of boons that a gamer cherishes. It has been a smash hit thanks to the ability to play both on your TV and handheld. The Nintendo Switch Online membership enables access to classic NES and SNES games – Not to forget the Nintendo Switch Online voice chat app feature that doubles the fun while playing.
For all these and many other benefits, Nintendo’s Switch console has been the company’s biggest seller since the Wii. However, sometimes these features are not exactly what you’re looking for, and you want to cancel your Switch Online membership – Maybe you want to sell your Switch or keep it for later use.
So, if you’ve made up your mind and you’re looking for the perfect answer for “how to cancel Nintendo Online,” then you’re on the right spot. In this guide, we’re going to walk you through the 2 easy ways to cancel your Nintendo Online. Let’s dive straight into it!
Things to Know Before Cancelling Nintendo Online
Canceling your Nintendo Switch Online is a simple process regardless of your subscription plan: individual membership or family membership. But there are a few things you need to be mindful about whether you want to unsubscribe using your Switch console or a web browser.
First and foremost, always cancel your subscription at least 48 hours before the next billing month. In case you couldn’t make it, Nintendo will charge you for the next month or year. Unfortunately, Nintendo does not offer a refund policy for any mishap, so you need to be careful here. Once you’ve gone through the process, your Nintendo Online membership will be canceled as soon as you cross the date it was due to renew. Until then, you’ll still be able to enjoy your premium Switch Online features.
Please note that turning off the auto-renewal only means that you’ve deactivated your package. Your membership remains unaffected until your package reaches its expiry date.
How to Cancel Your Nintendo Switch Online Membership
You can use two methods to convert your Nintendo Online subscription from online to offline: cancel Nintendo Online via a browser or using a Switch. Choose the method that suits you best and follow the steps as mentioned below:
Cancel Nintendo Online on Your Switch Console
1. Open the Nintendo eShop app.
2. In the top right corner, click on your User Icon.
3. Scroll down to locate the Nintendo Switch Online option.
4. Tap “Turn Off Automatic Renewal” to stop Nintendo from resubscribing to your Switch subscription plan.
5. A pop-up will appear confirming the cancellation of your Nintendo Online, Click OK.
Now, your Nintendo Online membership will be canceled for the next month and onward until you resubscribe to it.
Cancel Nintendo From a Web Browser
The Switch isn’t the only option. You can always cancel your Nintendo subscription using a browser on your PC or a computer. Follow the steps below to find out the detailed process:
1. Launch Nintendo’s website and log in to your account.
2. Click on your profile picture in the top right corner.
3. Go to Settings from the drop-down menu.
4. Click Shop Menu once you see the user information.
5. Scroll down and click Your Subscriptions.
6. Select Check Nintendo Switch Online membership status.
7. Finally, click Turn off automatic renewal. Voila! You’ve done it.
What Happens When You Cancel Your Nintendo Online?
Canceling your Nintendo Switch Online membership means that you can no longer enjoy multiplayer features for most Nintendo Switch titles. If you owned a family membership, no one from your family group would be able to use the service.
Not only that but the save data cloud feature is also disabled upon the cancellation of Nintendo membership. The data already stored on the cloud is also at risk and can be vanished after reaching a specific time limit. However, you still have the ownership and affirmation of the data saved on your disk. Plus, you can resubscribe your Nintendo subscription anytime between 180 days to avoid losing your data on the Nintendo cloud.
Nintendo’s Alternative Gaming Options
Although Nintendo doesn’t suit you for some reason, the gaming fun is always what you would want. No worries! You have a vast range of alternative gaming options to keep you entertained. A few of our favorite picks are as follows:
1. Apple Arcade: With frequent updates and very few annoying ads, Apple Arcade is one of the most famous and top-rated options. You get to enjoy new games for as low as 4.99$ a month.
2. EA Access: EA Access’s yearly subscription plan is the cheapest gaming option on our list – Straight 10% off on every EA game isn’t a joke! The company offers a 10-hour trial for every new game and even before it is released.
3. Xbox Game Pass: Who isn’t an Xbox fan! Xbox offers a library of exciting games at a competitive price range. What’s more, is you get access to the gaming social network with the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate plan.
How to turn off Nintendo Switch?
To turn off the Nintendo Switch console completely, follow these steps:
1. Open the Power Menu by holding the power button for 3 seconds.
2. Click “Power Options” and then “Power Off.”
How much is Nintendo worth?
The US-based company Nintendo Co., Ltd. is reported to generate massive revenues summing up to a net worth of $95 Billion as per the year 2021.
How to stream Nintendo Switch?
To live stream your Nintendo Switch, follow these steps:
1. Connect an HDMI cable between your Nintendo Switch dock and the input of your capture card.
2. Connect your TV or monitor to the TV or capture card via another HDMI cable.
3. Use a USB cable to connect your capture card to your computer and stream effortlessly.
How to get a Nintendo Switch Online for free?
How to charge Nintendo Switch controllers?
You need to charge the Joy-Con controllers for about 3 ½ hours using these two ways:
1. Using the Nintendo Switch console: Attach the Joy-Con controllers to your Nintendo Switch console and charge the console. That’s it!
2. Using the Joy-Con charging grip: Attach your controllers to the Joy-Con charging grip. Connect the charging grip to the Nintendo Switch dock.