If you are looking for the famous quotes and sayings of Queen Elizabeth II, here your search ends. Our latest collection of her 88 most popular quotations is the one you should check out.
As we know, the Queen of the United Kingdom, Elizabeth II (full name: Elizabeth Alexandra Mary), is the monarch and head of state of 15 other Commonwealth realms. She is also the longest-reigning monarch in British history.
Certainly, she is the most famous Queen of British history, and her unique thought adds more vogue to her. These quotes are best to know the deep personality of Queen Elizabeth II.
Let’s begin exploring these famous 88 quotes by the Queen of England about the nation, inspiration, family life, and her husband “Prince Philip”.
- “Work is the rent you pay for the room you occupy on earth.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “What were once only hopes for the future have now come to pass.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “Good memories are our second chance at happiness.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “I have to be seen to be believed.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “They are not royal. They just happen to have me as their aunt.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “[Before each of numerous portrait sittings:] Now then, with teeth or without?” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “If I wore beige, nobody would know who I am.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “For me, heaven is likely to be a bit of a come-down.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “It has perhaps always been the case that the waging of peace is the hardest form of leadership of all.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “Not only have I lost the race, but now I’ve got to give the cup.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “Let us not take ourselves too seriously. None of us has a monopoly on wisdom”. – Queen Elizabeth II
- “We all need to get the balance right between action and reflection. With so many distractions, it is easy to forget to pause and take stock.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “It is easy enough to define what the Commonwealth is not. Indeed, this is quite a popular pastime.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “I should like to be a horse.”– Queen Elizabeth II
- “It has turned out to be an annus horribilis.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “I have in sincerity pledged myself to your service as so many of you are pledged to mine.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “To what greater inspiration and counsel can we turn than to the imperishable truth to be found in this treasure house, the Bible?” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “[To a woman whose cellphone rang during a formal meeting:] You’d better answer that. It could be someone important” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “Football’s a difficult business, and aren’t they prima donnas. But it’s a wonderful game.”– Queen Elizabeth II
- “Think what we would have missed if we had never … used a mobile phone or surfed the Net — or, to be honest, listened to other people talking about surfing the Net.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “No one who knew Diana will ever forget her. Millions of others who never met her, but felt they knew her, will remember her.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- I hope people will think very carefully about the future.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- These wretched babies don’t come until they are ready.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- It has been women who have breathed gentleness and care into the hard progress of humankind.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- [On the 1982 intruder into her bedroom:] I realized immediately that it wasn’t a servant because they don’t slam doors.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- 1992 is not a year I shall look back on with undiluted pleasure. In the words of one of my more sympathetic correspondents, it has turned out to be an Annus Horribilis.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- It’s all to do with the training: you can do a lot if you’re properly trained.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “Often a child’s helplessness and vulnerability bring out the best in us.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “Right around the world, people gather to compete under standard rules and, in most cases, in a spirit of friendly rivalry. Competitors know that to succeed, they must respect their opponents; very often, they like each other too.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “At its heart, engineering is about using science to find creative, practical solutions. It is a noble profession.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “To all those who have suffered as a consequence of our troubled past, I extend my sincere thoughts and deep sympathy. With the benefit of historical hindsight, we can all see things which we would wish had been done differently or not at all.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “For many, Christmas is also a time for coming together. But for others, service will come first.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “You’ve all seen pictures of the earth taken from space. Unlike all the other planets in the solar system, earth shimmers green and blue in the sunlight and looks a very pleasant place to live.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “I myself prefer my New Zealand eggs for breakfast.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “I don’t like to badmouth people. But I’m the head of a monarchy that began in the ninth century, and I’m apparently more modern than Chris Christie. Look, I know he has to appeal to the crazy right-wingers in his party, but the fact is, he’s not as forward-thinking as an eighty-seven-year-old lady who wears a crown on her head. It’s pathetic.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “The world is not the most pleasant place. Eventually, your parents leave you, and nobody is going to go out of their way to protect you unconditionally. You need to learn to stand up for yourself and what you believe and sometimes, pardon my language, kick some ass.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “We are a moderate, pragmatic people, more comfortable with practice than theory.” – Queen Elizabeth II
Queen Elizabeth’s Quotes About Nation
- “I have in sincerity pledged myself to your service, as so many of you are pledged to mine. Throughout all my life and with all my heart, I shall strive to be worthy of your trust.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “In remembering the appalling suffering of war on both sides, we recognize how precious is the peace we have built-in Europe since 1945.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “The upward course of a nation’s history is due in the long run to the soundness of heart of its average men and women.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “Everyone is our neighbor, no matter what race, creed or color.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “When peace comes, remember it will be for us, the children of today, to make the world of tomorrow a better and happier place.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “[On being criticized for her serious expression:] I simply ache from smiling. Why are women expected to beam all the time? It’s unfair. If a man looks solemn, it’s automatically assumed he’s a serious person, not a miserable one.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “This new power, which has proved itself to be such a terrifying weapon of destruction, is harnessed for the first time for the common good of our community.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “Experience shows that great enterprises seldom end with a tidy and satisfactory flourish. Together, we are doing our best to re-establish peace and civil order in the Gulf region and to help those members of civil and ethnic minorities who continue to suffer through no fault of their own. If we succeed, our military success will have achieved its true objective.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “[To the suggestion that Great Britain might someday want a Republic:] We’ll go quietly.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “What were once only hopes for the future have now come to pass; it is almost exactly 13 years since the overwhelming majority of people in Ireland and Northern Ireland voted in favor of the agreement signed on Good Friday 1998, paving the way for Northern Ireland to become the exciting and inspirational place that it is today.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “I believe that there is a great fear in our generation of being labeled as priggish.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “The wartime generation—my generation—is resilient.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “True patriotism doesn’t exclude an understanding of the patriotism of others.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “It has always been easy to hate and destroy. To build and to cherish is much more difficult.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “I cannot lead you into battle. I do not give you laws or administer justice, but I can do something else – I can give my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “There are long periods when life seems a small, dull round, a petty business with no point, and then suddenly we are caught up in some great event which gives us a glimpse of the solid and durable foundations of our existence.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “Religion and culture are much in the news these days, usually as sources of difference and conflict, rather than for bringing people together. But the irony is that every religion has something to say about tolerance and respecting others.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “The British constitution has always been puzzling and always will be.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “Today, we need a special kind of courage. Not the kind needed in battle but a kind which makes us stand up for everything we know it right.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “I hope that tomorrow we can all, wherever we are, join in expressing our grief at Diana’s loss and gratitude for her all-too-short life. It is a chance to show to the whole world the British nation united in grief and respect.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “I have been aware all the time that my peoples, spread far and wide throughout every continent and ocean in the world were united to support me in the task to which I have now been dedicated with such solemnity.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “Madam President, speaking here in Dublin Castle, it is impossible to ignore the weight of history, as it was yesterday when you and I laid wreaths at the Garden of Remembrance.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “We lost the American colonies because we lacked the statesmanship to know the right time and the manner of yielding what is impossible to keep.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “Our peace and prosperity can never be taken for granted and must constantly be tended so that never again do we have cause to build monuments to our fallen youth.” – Queen Elizabeth II
Queen Elizabeth’s Quotes About Motivation
- “Grief is the price we pay for love.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “When life seems hard, the courageous do not lie down and accept defeat; instead, they are all the more determined to struggle for a better future.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “Coward’s falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “I know of no single formula for success. But over the years I have observed that some attributes of leadership are universal and are often about finding ways of encouraging people to combine their efforts, their talents, their insights, their enthusiasm and their inspiration to work together.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “It’s worth remembering that it is often the small steps, not the giant leaps, that bring about the most lasting change.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “The lessons from the peace process are clear; whatever life throws at us; our individual responses will be all the stronger for working together and sharing the load.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “It’s all to do with the training: you can do a lot if you’re properly trained.” – Queen Elizabeth
- “I know of no single formula for success, but over the years, I have observed that some attributes of leadership are universal and are often about finding ways of encouraging people to combine their efforts, their talents, their insights, their enthusiasm, and their inspiration to work together.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “I like to be a free spirit; some don’t like that, but that’s the way I am.” – Queen Elizabeth II
Queen Elizabeth’s Quotes About Family
- “I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “Like all best families, we have our share of eccentricities, of impetuous and wayward youngsters and of family disagreements.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “Family does not necessarily mean blood relatives but often a description of a community, organization or nation.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “At Christmas, I am always struck by how the spirit of togetherness lies also at the heart of the Christmas story. A young mother and a dutiful father with their baby were joined by poor shepherds and visitors from afar. They came with their gifts to worship the Christ child.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “The events that I have attended to mark my Diamond Jubilee have been a humbling experience. It has touched me deeply to see so many thousands of families, neighbors and friends celebrating together in such a happy atmosphere.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “Families, friends, and communities often find a source of courage rising up from within. Indeed, sadly, it seems that it is tragedy that often draws out the most and the best from the human spirit.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “For Christians, as for all people of faith, reflection, meditation, and prayer help us to renew ourselves in God’s love, as we strive daily to become better people. The Christmas message shows us that this love is for everyone. There is no one beyond its reach.” – Queen Elizabeth II
Queen Elizabeth’s Quotes About Her Husband “Prince Philip”
- “My husband has quite simply been my strength and stay all these years, and I owe him a debt greater than he would ever claim.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “When we were married, I don’t think there was such a thing as a platinum anniversary; they didn’t know we would be around that long.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “If I am asked what I think about family life after 25 years of marriage, I can answer with equal simplicity and conviction, I am for it.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “I take this opportunity to mention the strength I draw from my own family. The Duke of Edinburgh has made an invaluable contribution to my life over these past fifty years, as he has to so many charities and organizations with which he has been involved.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “He has, quite simply, been my strength and stay all these years, and I, and his whole family, and this and many other countries, owe him a debt greater than he would ever claim, or we shall ever know.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “I don’t know that anyone had invented the term platinum’ for a 70th wedding anniversary when I was born. You weren’t expected to be around that long.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “He has, quite simply, been my strength and stay all these years.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “During these years as your QueenQueen, the support of my family has, across the generations, been beyond measure. Prince Philip is, I believe, well-known for declining compliments of any kind. But throughout he has been a constant strength and guide.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “Even Prince Philip has decided it’s time to slow down a little — having, as he economically put it, ‘done his bit.’ But I know his support and unique sense of humor will remain as strong as ever.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “While we may have more still to endure, better days will return: we will be with our friends again; we will be with our families again; we will meet again.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “All too often, I fear, Prince Philip has had to listen to me speaking. Frequently we have discussed my intended speech beforehand and, as you will imagine, his views have been expressed in a forthright manner.” – Queen Elizabeth II
Why is Queen Elizabeth so popular?
Queen Elizabeth exceeded Victoria and now is the longest-reigning monarch in British history. She has strong financial holdings and is the world’s wealthiest woman.
Her deep involvement in government business and social issues, along with her ceremonial duties, increases the charm of her personality and popularity.
What countries does Queen rule?
Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom is the Queen of 15 other Commonwealth Realms of the British Empire. These are Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Grenada, Jamaica, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, St. Kitts, Nevis, St. Lucia, Antigua, Barbuda, Australia, St. Vincent, Grenadines, Solomon Islands, and Tuvalu.
What are Queen Elizabeth II’s accomplishments?
There is no doubt that Queen Elizabeth II is the most popular sovereign in Britain’s history. She has achieved great victories in her extended life. Some of her most notable accomplishments are:
Queen Elizabeth II played a crucial role during the transformation of the old British dynasty into the modern British Commonwealth as the head of these realms.
When she succeeded her father, she got his duties, who was the captain-General of Royal Regiment of Artillery and Colonel-in-Chief of all the Guards Regiments and the Corps of Royal Engineers at that time.
Also, Queen was the first monarch who opened the nation’s Parliament in the US.
Why is Queen important?
The Queen is not responsible for governing the country, but she plays an important role in dealing with various country tasks. She represents the traditional values, and do officials visit aboard as a national representative. The invitations to administrators of other countries to visit her kingdom also include in her duties.
We hope you have enjoyed these 88 famous quotes about the nation, inspiration, family life, and her husband “Prince Philip.”