What I'll Learn
- How To Connect AirPods To Macbook If They Are Already Connected With iPhone?
- Some Tips To Fix Connectivity Issues
- How To Connect AirPods To Macbook If They Are Not Connected With The iPhone?
- Some Tips To Fix Pairing Issues
- How Can I Pair My AirPods With My iPhone?
- How Can I Connect My AirPods To My MacBook Pro?
- Read Next
Unlike earbuds, the AirPods can be connected to your Macbook or other devices. How? It is one of the common questions that comes into most of the users’ minds. If you are also confused and in a similar problem, scroll down!
In this article, we’ll discuss how to pair your AirPods with Macbook and Macbook Pro. Also, the most familiar situations you can face while pairing them along with their solutions.
How To Connect AirPods To Macbook If They Are Already Connected With iPhone?
You don’t need to do anything if your AirPods are already connected to your iPhone. They can automatically pair to Macbook.
Note: This will only happen when your iPhone and MacBook are operating on the same Apple ID.
Here are the steps you need to accomplish to proceed.
- Firstly connect your AirPods to your iPhone.
- Open your MacBook and click on the volume button in the menu bar.
- Here you’ll find the option of “AirPods.” Select this option to activate it.
Note: If the volume button is not set on the title bar, go to the System preferences window, click on “sound,” also select the checkbox “Show volume in the menu bar.”
Some Tips To Fix Connectivity Issues
If you have any issue with the pairing or in connecting, follow the below tips to fix it.
1. Turned On Handoff
To turn it on, go to the System Preferences window, click “General” however, don’t forget to mark the checkbox, “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.”
2. Identical Logins
Keep in mind both your Mac and iPhone login should be with the same Apple ID. Thus, to check it open your Mac System Preferences window and click on the “Apple ID” option. Now match it with your iPhone to check it.
How To Connect AirPods To Macbook If They Are Not Connected With The iPhone?
If you are not using AirPods with iPhone, you can connect them directly to your Macbook by following a few simple steps.
- Open the AirPods case lid; however, don’t remove them from their case.
- Press the small setup button on the backside of the case until its light starts flashing.
- Now, open your MacBook, go to the Apple menu.
- From the menu, select “System Preferences and then “Bluetooth” from the options.
- A list of devices will pop up on your screen; select your pair from it.
- Finally, click on the “connect button” to enable it.
When they get paired, they’ll appear at the top of the devices list.
Some Tips To Fix Pairing Issues
If there is trouble in pairing, don’t stress yourself. Below are some ways which will help you out to deal with your issue.
1. Check Update
Before doing anything, make sure that your Mac is updated. You should know that first-generation AirPods are compatible with macOS Sierra or later and second-generation for macOS 10.14.4 or later.
2. Remove Your AirPods
If your Mac is updated, but still facing trouble in connecting, open the device list and remove them from it. Now attempt to reconnect it.
3. Reset Your AirPods
Another way is to reset your AirPods. For this, press the setup button at the bottom of it for 15 seconds until the light flashes.
How Can I Pair My AirPods With My iPhone?
Lastly, if you have a new pair of AirPods and are a bit confused about connecting them to your iPhone, follow the below instructions.
Unlock your iPhone, open the lid of your AirPods and keep them close to your phone.
Wait so that your phone recognizes it and then follow the instructions popup on your mobile screen.
How Can I Connect My AirPods To My MacBook Pro?
The AirPods can be easily paired with the MacBook Pro. Follow the mentioned quick steps.
- Put AirPods in their case, close it for a minute and then open the lid but remember don’t put them up from their case.
- Press the small button present at the bottom of the cover until the light starts shining.
- Make sure that your Macbook and iPhone both are logged in with the same Apple ID.
- If this condition is obeyed, the AirPods will appear in the volume icon on the title bar. Click on it and choose “AirPods.”
We have provided you with the solution to your queries, so now you can quickly pair your AirPods with your Macbook.
And if you were facing any problem, we hope it’ll prove beneficial for you.