What I'll Learn
- How To Connect AirPods To Macbook If They Are Already Connected With iPhone?
- Why Are My Airpods Not Connecting: Tips To Fix Connectivity Issues
- How To Connect AirPods To Macbook If They Are Not Connected With The iPhone?
- Airpods Not Connecting: Tips To Fix Pairing Issues
- How to Connect AirPods To MacBook Pro?
- How to Connect AirPods to iPhone?
- FAQs: How to Connect Airpods to Macbook
- 1. Do AirPods work with android?
- 2. Why do my AirPods keep disconnecting?
- 3. How to connect AirPods to computers?
- 4. How to connect AirPods to MacBook air?
- 5. How to make AirPods discoverable?
- Bottom Line
- Read Next
Did you know, unlike earbuds, the Airpods can be connected to your Macbook or other devices? The question is how to connect Airpods to Macbook? It is one of the common questions that comes into most of the users’ minds. If you are also confused and in a similar problem, keep on reading!
Airpods are wireless, advanced and a convenient option to tune into your favorite listenings anytime, anywhere. Being able to connect Airpods to Macbook is a life-savior feature for those who don’t want the hassle of tangling earbuds wires.
In this article, we’ll discuss how to connect AirPods to Macbook and Macbook Pro. Also, we’re bringing you the most common problems that you can face when connecting AirPods to MacBookAirPods along with their solutions.
How To Connect AirPods To Macbook If They Are Already Connected With iPhone?
You don’t need to do anything if your AirPods are already connected to your iPhone. They can automatically pair to Macbook.
Note: This will only happen when your iPhone and MacBook are operating on the same Apple ID.
Here are the steps you need to accomplish to proceed.
- Firstly connect your AirPods to your iPhone.
- Open your MacBook and click on the volume button in the menu bar.
- Here you’ll find the option of “AirPods.” Select this option to activate it.
Note: If the volume button is not set on the title bar, go to the System preferences window, click on “sound,” also select the checkbox “Show volume in the menu bar.”
Why Are My Airpods Not Connecting: Tips To Fix Connectivity Issues
If you have any issue with the pairing or in connecting, follow the below tips to fix it.
1. Turn On Handoff
To turn handoff on, go to the System Preferences window, click “General” however, don’t forget to mark the checkbox, “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.”
2. Identical Logins
Keep in mind both your Mac and iPhone login should be with the same Apple ID. Thus, to check it open your Mac System Preferences window and click on the “Apple ID” option. Now match it with your iPhone to check it.
How To Connect AirPods To Macbook If They Are Not Connected With The iPhone?
If you are not using AirPods with iPhone, you can connect them directly to your Macbook by following a few simple steps.
- Open the AirPods case lid; however, don’t remove them from their case.
- Press the small setup button on the backside of the case until its light starts flashing.
- Now, open your MacBook, go to the Apple menu.
- From the menu, select “System Preferences and then “Bluetooth” from the options.
- A list of devices will pop up on your screen; select your pair from it.
- Finally, click on the “connect button” to enable it.
When they get paired, they’ll appear at the top of the devices list.
Airpods Not Connecting: Tips To Fix Pairing Issues
If there is trouble in pairing, don’t stress yourself. Below are some ways which will help you out to deal with your issue.
1. Check Update
Before doing anything, make sure that your Mac is updated. You should know that first-generation AirPods are compatible with macOS Sierra or later and second-generation for macOS 10.14.4 or later.
2. Remove Your AirPods
If your Mac is updated, but still facing trouble in connecting, open the device list and remove them from it. Now attempt to reconnect it.
3. Reset Your AirPods
Another way is to reset your AirPods. For this, press the setup button at the bottom of it for 15 seconds until the light flashes.
How to Connect AirPods To MacBook Pro?
The AirPods can be easily paired with the MacBook Pro. Follow the mentioned quick steps.
- Put AirPods in their case, close it for a minute and then open the lid but remember don’t put them up from their case.
- Press the small button present at the bottom of the cover until the light starts shining.
- Make sure that your Macbook and iPhone both are logged in with the same Apple ID.
- If this condition is obeyed, the AirPods will appear in the volume icon on the title bar. Click on it and choose “AirPods.”
How to Connect AirPods to iPhone?
Lastly, if you have a new pair of AirPods and are a bit confused about connecting them to your iPhone, follow the below instructions:
Unlock your iPhone, open the lid of your AirPods and keep them close to your phone.
Wait so that your phone recognizes it and then follow the instructions popup on your mobile screen.
FAQs: How to Connect Airpods to Macbook
1. Do AirPods work with android?
Yes, AirPods can easily be connected with any device having a Bluetooth feature. Since android is one of them, AirPods work with Android devices too. To connect AirPods to android, turn on your AirPods and the Bluetooth in android. Now go to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > Click on your AirPods name and it’s connected!
2. Why do my AirPods keep disconnecting?
The most common reason that your AirPods keep disconnecting is they’re low on battery. Since AirPods are wireless, the battery drains relatively faster. Check and charge your AirPods immediately if they have a low battery. If the battery is fine, run Basic troubleshooting. Check Bluetooth settings, check Wi-Fi-related options, or maybe check the distance between the connected device and your AirPods.
3. How to connect AirPods to computers?
To connect AirPods to computers, turn on the Bluetooth option on your PC. Now, turn on your AirPods and place them near the computer. Find and select your AirPods in the available Bluetooth devices list. And it’s done!
4. How to connect AirPods to MacBook air?
To connect AirPods to Macbook air, follow these steps:
- Turn on your AirPods.
- Turn on Bluetooth in MacBook air.
- Search your AirPods in the Bluetooth menu.
- Click AirPods in the devices list
- Hit Connect.
5. How to make AirPods discoverable?
You need to turn on your AirPods to make your AirPods discoverable. To do this, make sure both your AirPods are in the charging case. Now open the case lid and click the hold the setup button till you see the status light flashes white. So that’s how you turn on your AirPods. In case your AirPods are still not discoverable, try troubleshooting or in the worst cases, resetting your AirPods device.
The feature to connect Airpods to mac has made life easier for mac users. This guide has provided you the ultimate step-by-step process for ‘how to connect AirPods to MacBook.’
Additionally, we have answered all your queries by stating the best solution to them. We hope it’ll prove beneficial for you!
So now you can quickly connect your AirPods to Macbook and tune in to your favorite playlist right away.
If you have any more queries related to connecting AirPods and MacBooks, feel free to comment down below. We’d love to help you out!
This article was modified by Abeeha Qasmi on 08/08/2021