What I'll Learn
- How To Delete Your Twitter Account From A Web Browser
- How To Delete Your Account On The Mobile App?
- More About Social Networks
Are you searching for a way how to delete your Twitter account? If yes, keep reading. Here we’ve mentioned the complete process of doing it on your PC or mobile. Plus, you’ll get the answers to major queries about deleting your Twitter account.
Twitter is an excellent platform for sharing your thoughts and connecting with other people, but sometimes you may no longer want to use it. Maybe you’re having second thoughts about signing up in the first place, or perhaps you’ve been using Twitter for a while, and now you want to delete your account.
Luckily, Twitter allows you to delete your account at any time. While there is a 30-day deactivation period, your account will no longer be visible (for the most part) during this time.
Whatever the reason, this blog post will show you how to delete your Twitter account permanently.
How To Delete Your Twitter Account From A Web Browser
If you’re using a web browser, follow the mentioned steps to delete your Twitter account from a web browser.
- Firstly, open your browser, go to www.twitter.com, and log in to your account.
- After that, you have to go to the settings page by clicking on the three dots (More) option on the left sidebar and select “Settings and privacy.”
- Once you’re on the Settings page, scroll down to the bottom and click on “Deactivate your account.”
- A new page will pop up asking you to confirm your decision. It will also show you what this means for your account and data.
- If you’re sure you want to delete your Twitter account, click on “Deactivate.”
- You’ll be asked to confirm your password and your account deactivated for 30 days.
That’s all you need to do to delete your Twitter account.
If you change your mind during this period, you can log in and click on “Reactivate” to reactivate your account.
However, if you don’t want to reactivate your account, no action is required, and your account will be permanently deleted after 30 days.
How To Delete Your Account On The Mobile App?
If you want to delete your Twitter account but don’t have access to a computer, you can do it from the mobile app.
- Firstly, open your Twitter mobile app and log in to your account.
- Then, go to your profile by tapping on your profile picture in the top left corner.
- After that, select “Settings and privacy” under your username.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on “Deactivate your account.”
- After reading the instructions, tap on “Deactivate.”
- Enter your password and tap Deactivate again.
Now your account has been deactivated for 30 days.
How Do I Save My Data Before I Delete My Account?
Twitter gives an option to download an archive of your data before deleting your account. So, you can download data, including Tweets, media, and messages. To do this, follow the mentioned steps:
- Go to the settings page by clicking on the three dots (More) option on the left sidebar and select “Settings and privacy.”
- Under “Account,” click on “download an archive of your data.”
- A new page will open, asking you to confirm your password. Once your password, press the “enter key.”
- On the next page, you’ll see a notice that says, “Your Twitter archive is almost ready.”
- Click on the “Request Download” button, and your data will start downloading.
- Once the download is complete, you’ll receive an email from Twitter with a link to your archive.
You can now delete your account knowing that you have a copy of all your data.
How do I Delete My Account If I can’t Log In?
If you can’t log in to your account, you can delete your account with the mentioned procedure:
- You’ll need to provide your username, email address, and password.
- Twitter will then send you an email with a link to deactivate your account.
- Click on the link in the email to deactivate your account.
What Happens After I Deactivate My Account?
When you deactivate your account, you will no longer be able to access your profile, tweets, likes, and followers. However, your account data will still be stored on Twitter’s servers.
If you decide to reactivate your account within 30 days, all of your data will be restored. If you do not reactivate your account within 30 days, your account will be permanently deleted, and you will not be able to reactivate it. Keep in mind that you cannot get it back once you delete your account.
Do You Lose Followers If You Deactivate Twitter?
No, you do not lose followers if you deactivate Twitter. Your followers will still be there when you reactivate your account. So when you reactivate, all of your followers will still be there.
Can You Recover A Deleted Twitter Account After 30 Days?
No, you cannot recover a deleted Twitter account after 30 days. Once your account is permanently deleted, it is gone forever, and you can’t reactivate it. So if you want to keep your account, make sure you do not delete it.
Now you know how to delete your Twitter account. Deleting your Twitter account is a pretty simple process, but it’s vital to know that you cannot get it back once you delete your account. So if you’re sure you want to delete it, follow the steps in this blog post, and you’ll be off Twitter. However, if your mind changes, you can reactivate your account within 30 days.